Networking with analysts from Houlihan Lokey The UCL Finance Conference, hosted by the UCL Investment Society, is the largest and most prestigious student-run finance conference in EMEA. Held at the Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, we had the privilege to host the most senior speakers such as David Livingstone (Citi), Dominic Ashcroft (Goldman Sachs), William Rucker (Lazard) and Sarah Melvin (BlackRock).
- Over 600 applications
- 300+ delegates selected from elite global universities
- Interactive stock pitch competition with Jefferies
- Concluded with a Buy-Side Panel Discussion
Hack-it, our diversity-driven Hackathon provides female students with a chance to explore the tech industry. Organised by our Women In Tech division, participants are grouped and tasked with solving real-world problems.
- Previous partners: Accenture, Shell, XTX Markets, Deutsche Bank, Moo, Le Wagon, UK Ministry of Justice
- 400+ applications from 41 universities
- 73% female students
The most prestigious case competition in the UK, hosted by UCL Business Society for the 11th time next year. Students solve real-world business problems and network with industry leaders through soft and hard skills workshops.
- Judges from Goldman Sachs, Google, J.P. Morgan, Big 4 Consulting firms, Bulge-Brackets and Elite Boutique Investment Banks
- Speakers from Bloomberg and Fintech firms
- 80 students chosen to work on 8 different case studies
Features a dynamic day of career-focused talks and workshops aimed at empowering and educating 50 selected attendees. Held at the offices of Houlihan Lokey in 2020.
- Panel featuring women in ESG investing, Equities and Fixed Income from GAIN (Girls are INvestors)
- M&A case-study by London Strategic Consulting
- Macro Overview Workshop with Amplify Trading
Brings participants of different backgrounds together to solve real world industry problems. In 2019, the inaugural edition was hosted at the Microsoft Reactor, with American Express sponsoring the data science case study.
- 80 students of 200+ applicants were selected, forming 20 teams;
- Workshops hosted by American Express and Microsoft;
- A chance for students and data science employers to connect.